Question: Do you offer studio sessions?
Answer: YES YES YES!! I love shooting in studio, especially since there are so many great local options no matter where you’re at in Northern Utah at this point!
Question: What options are there for studios?
Answer: SO MANY! Studios have been popping up all over northern Utah. Here are a few of my favorite studios so far, though there are quite a few more I would love to shoot in. Studio rentals are currently ranging from $50-$75 for an hour.
- The Ogden Click – Ogden, Utah – open loft with great props and multiple backdrops
- Light Loft Studio – Layton, Utah – tons of natural light, great backdrop variety, lifestyle props
- Center Street Studio – Logan, Utah – Multiple rooms, paper backdrops available, cozy
Benefits of Shooting In Studio
Question: What are the benefits of shooting in a studio instead of waiting for better weather outdoor?
Answer: While you all know I’m a big lover of outdoor sessions, I also love the creativity and uniqueness that shooting sessions indoors brings! Here’s a list of the reasons I love shooting in studios.
- Weather – this is originally why I began offering studio sessions. No matter the weather, we know we’re good to shoot!
- Enclosed area – this really benefits the little ones. Although studios can be fun to explore, sometimes being outside just makes kids want to run and play! Being in a smaller, enclosed area helps keeps kids attention for the session.
- Places to change / bathrooms – Often times, clients have to change outfits in the back of their car or in not-so-desirable bathrooms up canyons or at state parks. All the studios have great, clean spaces for changing. No cramming in the back seat required!
- Clear time expectations – because the studios are all rentals, our rental time is very strict. I’ve actually found this to be really great for having realistic expectations of the length of shoots, especially for the ones in the party who want to make sure it’s not going to take up their whole day!
- Unique backdrops – Every studio is different. There are so many ways to rearrange furniture, use multiple backdrops, and find new angles. I’ve found my creativity to really be exercised while doing studio shoots!
- Room – there’s enough room in all of these studios to shoot extended families! Bring as many people as you’d like!
- Babies – Milestones don’t wait for warm weather! Studio sessions for all those first year milestones are perfect. All of the studios I shoot in have lots of props for the little ones, too!
Why You’ll Love Your Studio Session
I have absolutely enjoyed every session I’ve shot indoors. It’s a unique experience that creates such beautiful and timeless images. The trend is definitely catching on, and I love the modern and simple look that studio sessions exude. Let me know what questions you have about booking your next session in studio!
Don’t Forget Boudoir!
Studio sessions are now my go-to for all of my boudoir babes. Cozy, airy, light, and simple will always look great with you as the focal piece!